Introduction: What is a cowl neck slip dress?
A cowl neck dress is a dress that has a V-neck in the front and back, with the material pulling up in a large loop to cover the top of the neck. Typically, these dresses are made of satin or silk. This dress style is also known as a “camisole dress” or a “cowl neck slip”.
History: During the 1930s, a cowl neck called a “camisole dress” was a popular style during the Great Depression and cowl neck dresses have been “a stylish choice for evening wear ever since”. The cowl neck slip was worn as an outer garment during that time, but it has since evolved into an undergarment. Today, this style of dress is still popular and many different variations exist.
Style Guide – The 9 Best Cowl Neck Slip Dress Styles Guaranteed to Inspire Your Next Wardrobe Update
The examples below should help guide you as to what styles of cowl neck dresses might be right for you. We have listed the styles according to their shape, design, and fabric. So whether you’re looking for a beaded dress with an empire waist or something classic like a long-sleeved black satin slip dress, this guide should help you pick out the perfect one for your next style update.
The best part about these night pieces is that they seem to come in every shape and size so there’s bound to be one available in your size. Since cowl necks have been popular among the fashion world for quite some time now, many designers have put their own spin on the design.
OMG! It’s been so long, I forgot about my blog (I hate that, so don’t let it happen again).
Conclusion: So in summary, the 9 best types of cowl neck dresses you can buy and wear right now
If you find these facts helpful, please hit the little “Like” button at the bottom of this page to share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus. You can also share other tips and ideas on your own blog ! It never hurts to have more people in the know about this fabulous trend!
**Click below to see the full size images of each cowl neck dress. We promise you’ll find one or two that catch your eye!
Please note, as a user friendly site, we do not host any of the images. They are all linked directly to the item’s own website where you can shop them.
1. Stretch Jersey Cowl Neck Dress in Black, $24 at Forever 21
2. Striped Faux-Leather Cowl Neck Dress, $211 at Forever 21
3. Pink Stripe Ripped 3/4 Sleeve Cowl Neck Bodycon Dress, $21 at Forever 21
4. Royal Blue Lace-Up Detail Cowl Neck Bandage Dress, $28 at Forever 21 (similar for less here)
5. Oversized Cowl Neck Dress, $27 at Forever 21 (similar for less here)
6. Oversized Tie Front Midi Dress, $29 at Forever 21 (similar dress for less here)
7. Black and White Striped Cowl Neck Sheath, $18 at Forever 21 (similar for less here)
8. Grid-Lace Up Cowl Neck Bodycon Dress, $21 at Forever 21 (similar dress for less here)